Thursday, April 22, 2010

There is a New Sheriff in Town!!!!

Today's card is for the FUN Cinema Saturday Challenge.
This weeks movie is Oklahoma. I just had to play this week, as I am proud to say I live in OKLAHOMA...yeah..where the wind comes blowing down the Plains!! I have lived here in Oklahoma for almost 4 years..and I must say it is a VERY pretty and GREEN state. We are very blessed to get to enjoy wonderful seasons and nice weather most of the year. We do have a tornado now and then to keep us on our toes..but so far so good!!
I thought about how to illustrate this movie and all I kept seeing in my head was a silly looking sheriff..so that is how Sheriff Tumbleweed was born. He is hangin out with a few invited birdie friends. The Challenge requirement is to use Gingham in the design..so I added the little fabric button in the corner!!:)
I cut up a wood grain DP to create the fence....and then carefully cut around some Hay DP to create the ground. I colored the Sheriff with Prismacolor pencils.



You can find the Sheriff Tumbleweed Digi stamp Fresh in the STUDIO!!

8 comments:

Mrs Weyremaster said...

He's cool, Love him:)
Suzi
xxx

Tami said...

Kathy I live in Oklahoma. I live in Broken Arrow. I would love to stamp together sometime. There aren't many stamping okies.

Jolara said...

wow he is soooo cool, love the sherrif :)
Joyce x

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Omg this is just so cute Kathy love it!!!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

well, howdy yersef! Ain't he a dandy! Very cute indeed!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Your sheriff is so cute and I love the fence and grass treatments, too! Great work!

Brooke S said...

Love the little cowboy... What a fun card you created.. I can just see Curly leaning against the fence singing his heart out.. LOVE YA Girl!
HUGs
BROOKE

Tethered2Home said...

He is too sweet! Your colouring is amazing too.