Thursday, March 4, 2010

No Ordinary Hero!!!!



I had a great time with another Cinema Saturday Challenge. This weeks challenge was to do a design inspired by the movie Spiderman. What a fun film to have as inspiration. I first begin thinking of doing a Spiderman type image. But soon decided that I wanted to focus on the "HERO" aspect of the film. The fact that Peter Parker was just an Ordinary fella with extraordinary skills. This is not unlike many people that I know. Ordinary on the outside but inside they are the most wonderful person you would dream of knowing. I dedicate this design to my children. You all are my Hero's!!

I used a green cardstock and layered it to look like rolling grass. The Pixie Dust image is colored with Prismacolored Pencils. I put my transparent requirement on the clouds. I used three layers. I frosted paper, then the transparency, then the white cardstock on top. It is VERY hard to see in the photos!!:)






Thanks to the fab gals over at Cinema Saturday. You sure keep me thinking and I am loving the challenges each week! I also would like to thank the wonderful designers that play each week. It is fun to get to know you all and be inspired by your projects!

You can find this Ordinary Hero Digital stamp in the


7 comments:

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

love your card! you little HERO is adorable and I loved the clouds and rolling grass.

I purchased and played with your Mad Hatter digi yesterday.
You can see my MAD Hatter on my blog.

Sandy said...

This is a super cute idea and image. So perfect for boy birthday, boy get well, thinking of you,etc... He's on my list to get the next time I babysit! Love how you colored him too!

margie c said...

Gasp! It's Super Boy!!! I adore him! Another one of your images has stolen a piece of my heart! He's just too cute for words! I love him and your card! Great job with all the layers! Very inspiring :)

hugs, margie

Nancy K said...

The clouds are awesome -great idea!
I love your hero take, relating it to everyday people -so true!!

scrapperjulia said...

I love your little superhero with the button for the belt buckle! Very cute card!

Juli Smith, SU! Demo said...

This is adorable! I especially like the diamond background - it caught my eye right away. The clouds were the next to catch my eye - very cool.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the little hero - he is so cute!! The layered clouds and rolling hills are the perfect backdrop!