Thursday, March 25, 2010

Little Miss Dress Up

Today I am sharing my Cinema Saturday Challenge. The movie is 13 Going on 30. This is a fun movie to design around. The challenge requirement was to use shapes in your design.

It has been a while since I watched the movie 13 Going on 30. But I did love this fun lighthearted and touching romantic comedy about life and self discovery. I created a little girl image Little Miss Dress Up. I thought about how Jenna became a "woman" on her 13th birthday. Kinda like when children put on Dress up clothes and become something that they are not. I added the cut out butterfly's to represent the wonderful butterfly necklace that Jenna wore during the fun Thiller dance scene. For the requirement I used Oval shapes to create the mirror on my card. I cut an oval in Tin Foil for the reflective part of the mirror..I was trying to create some kind of special effect..not sure if it worked like I wanted it to!!:) I used a heart locket die cut to creat the top and the feet of my mirror..I just cut out sections of the heart to create these parts of my mirror. I then used some Star Dust sparkle to accent around the "mirror" part of my shape creation.

I big thank you to the Cinema Gals, Brooke and Sankari for the fun movie this week. You both continue to pick great films and I love the fun challenge each week.

You can find the Little Miss Dress Up digital stamp in my SHOP!!!

9 comments:

Anary said...

Lovely design and layout. Super fun!
Anary

Karen said...

Wow Kathy this is fabulous. Gorgeous new image and I just love how you have put this card together and these butterflies are gorgeous.
Karen x

Brooke S said...

LOVE IT how sassy and sweet...
HUGS GIRLIE
BROOKE

margie c said...

Wow! I love lil Miss Dressy Up!!! Sooo cute! and sooo perfect for this challenge! I love the colors and layout that you put together! Great job, Kathy :)

hugs, margie

Jen Cuthbertson said...

So cute and I love how her shoes are much too big! Oh how I loved wearing mom's shoes when I was a kid!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Gorgeous card Kathy and I just adore this image soo cute!!!

Sandy said...

I definitely will get this digi but waiting for the release! The background & banner are adorable.

Sonia said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Adore the image look so cute!

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Valerie said...

I'm just LOVING all your cute images! Trying to go thru the WHOLE blog before bedtime haha! Amazing art!