Thursday, February 25, 2010

Irish Princess



Today's Cinema Saturday Challenge is from the Movie Tristan and Isolde. This is such an epic love story. It is full of love and heartache. I gave this movie a good amount of thought before I could come up with my design. I was going to do something very "period" accurate..but just could not find the right ideas. I just kept going back to drawing an Irish Style Princess. Well, once I had finished drawing my "Irish Princess" she looked a bit more like a Meadow Princess..but I guess that is the fun of this challenge is you can take the movie into any direction that your creative minds goes. So I did a Princess to represent the beloved character Isolde. She was just the most lady like and beautiful Irish Princess. I put flowers in my designs hair to represent Isolde's wedding "look" when she was on the boat. I computer colored a mushroom that I drew. Once it was printed out I added shading to it using my colored pendils. I had never done this before and found it to be a great look on a different way to color. This challenge requirement was to use some kind of fold or gated item. I created little "wooden" doors to attach to the mushroom. I then added a crystal Heart to the inside. This is to symoblize the Love that Isolde had to hide from the world. Her heart was to keep behind closed doors.
I really had fun with this challenge. I was struggling with it a bit here and there, but in the end I had a great time! A BIG thank you to Brooke and Sankari, for the fun inspiration you gals give me each week. I am having such fun!!



Find this Irish Meadow Princess in the Studio SHOP!!

She would be super fun in your St Patrick's Designs!!

14 comments:

Juli Smith, SU! Demo said...

Kathy - this is so sweet! Love the little doors that open on the mushroom stem - beautiful coloring too.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow oh wow Kathy this is just amazing!!!Love that Image!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful image and fabulous card. Love the lil opening door of the mushroom. Very cute creation, Kathy!
Hugs,
Cabio

Laural-Lee said...

Fabulous colouring. And adorable card.

Brooke S said...

And the Fabulous Kathy has done it again!!! Love the little Princess she is really cute.. What great colors.. Just perfect... p.s. I tried the heat setting the ink and no luck.. Booo... I have to find a solution so I can play with you images... YOUR the BOMB girlie!
HUGS
BROOKE

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

so,so, so sweet! what a darling little princess.

scrapperjulia said...

Your Irish Princess is so beautiful! I love the little mushroom house, great card!

Sammi said...

Gorgeous card Kathy... love that image :D
Sammi
xxx

grammie jackie said...

Your Irish Princess is sweet just like Isolde, and the doors into the mushroom are so clever.

Kathy said...

Thanks kindly for the wonderful comments!

Brooke, I have emailed you. :)

Jessica said...

Hey thats the story where my sons name came from! Not the movie but the actual story...most people always think i picked tristan from Legends of the Fall, lol!

Karen said...

Kathy this is just amazing and I so love this little image. Love how you have done the doors on the mushroom.
Karen x

Jaspere said...

This is jaw dropping good.

Tethered2Home said...

Oh my stunning ... little doors, little irish pixie ... you amaze me.