Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Titanic LOVE!!

I was so excited to get to do the Cinema Saturday Challenge this week. The movie is Titanic and I don't think there is a movie that has captured my heart like this one. The love story between Jack and Rose was so real. His death haunted me for such a long time after the movie was over. When he let go of Rose's hands and drifted into the bottom of the Ocean...gulp, that was just heart breaking!






I thought about this design for a while before I could begin. Having seen the movie so many times, I just could not decide what to focus on. Finally, I decided to focus on one of the most famous scenes from the movie..the flying on the front of the ship. This was just so romantic and emotional. The way their hands were moving, just seemed like a perfect LOVE STORY..a love that was forever...Gulp again!:) So, I drew the image of Jack and Rose standing in each others arms with her shawl blowing in the Ocean breeze. I was very careful to make Jack's hair JUST RIGHT..I think his hair was such a big part of his cute character. I found myself a bit nervous as I sketched this, I wanted it to look like the Jack that I knew from the Movie! I almost did the scene where Jack was standing in front of the clock in his tux at the Dinner scene. I loved that moment, he just looked so stinkin' cute. Since I could not decide which scene to focus on.. I used both ideas. I added an image of a clock I had painted a while back. I then copied it on my printer in black and white. Since the Titanic sank at 2:20 I thought this clocks time was very fitting.:( I added some swirl rhinstones to symbolize the waves of the ocean at their feet. I sketched a pencil drawn heart to symbolize the Heart of the Ocean that Jack drew in the portrait he sketched of Rose. I wanted the Heart to look rough and pencil sketchy just like his drawing. This challenge was about using Silver and Blue. The Blue is the Cardstock I used for the background. The Silver is the little Clip that is attaching the Sketched Heart! I colored the Pixie Dust Studio image in colored pencils. I also used a colored pencil around the edge of the cardstock, to add some dimension to the blue.


I had just a total blast working on this challenge. It was fun to think back about the feelings that the movie gave me the first time I saw it. It was also fun to think about how I still feel affected by the LOVE of Jack and Rose. It also took me back to a time that I had a "crush" on this beloved character Jack...that was long before I knew a "crush" could sparkle (tee hee). Anyway, a BIG thank you the gals over the the Cinema Challenge..Brooke and Sankari. These are a blast and I look forward to doing more in the future. You gals are the best!!






15 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm loving this!
Love how you've captured the movement of the wind in her hair and dress! Fantastic digi!

scrapperjulia said...

Gosh, you are such a talented artist! I love how you drew Jack and Rose, beautiful card!

JAN said...

this is so super and how romantic too..

Annette said...

Too talented, lovely digital image, Jack and Rose look fantastic, take careX:)

Cammy said...

Oh, this is just fantastic! I love your card (fantastic clock!) and the image is just adorable.

margie c said...

Gasp! I adore Jack and Rose! They're perfect! You've captured the whole movie perfectly!
You are amazingly talented!
TFS! hugs, margie

Nancy K said...

I love these images, the characters, the clock. Wonderful! The colors are great and I love the sparkle waves. Way to work the challenge!

Radha said...

I had to tell u This is sooo cute!!!

Scrappychick said...

Totally fabulous Kathy! Love the image you drew and the way you added all the perfect details to the card! And I too love Jack and Rose!

Sankari W. said...

WOW! Kathy - you just took my breath away with this creation!! I can't even tell how your design is just gorgeous and the way you did the hair on Jack is spot on perfect and the shawl, the colors, the rhinestones, the clock!!! holy guacamole!!! Your creation is just perfect! I totally gulped too reading about how Jack let go'ed of her hand... sigh... weep... sigh... what a heartbreaking moment... (ahh the eyes are getting all teary eyed again!)... So glad that you played along Kathy - your creations are gorgeous and this card is just beautiful!!!
Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

Sharlene said...

Your card is amazing! I love how it captures so many details from the movie. Congrats!

Tethered2Home said...

You're an awesome artist. This is beautiful!

Radha said...

Congrats!!!
When I saw this I knew it it is a winnerrrr!!!
Enjoy:))

Cassie_lu said...

WOW. I am speechless with your card and the details and thought you put into it. This is simply amazing.

Heather Schlatter said...

Kathy Love this Digi and that Card is totally gorgeous!!!! A few months ago Titanic was on TV several times and I watched it again it was such a wonderful touching movie, but the first time I saw it in the Theater was when my Boyfriend of 8 years had just broken up with me did not watch it again for a long time cause right after a hard break up that was not the movie I should have gone to see LOL!!!!

Wonderful job and amazing coloring!!!

Heather