Thursday, February 11, 2010

Buddies!!!

Cinema Saturday Challenge
Sleepless in Seattle



Another fun Challenge by the talented gals over at Cinema Saturday ChallengeThe movie was Sleepless in Seattle. It has been years since I really WATCHED this movie. It is such a great story of lost love and finding love. The Love story that I wanted to capture was the LOVE between the Father and his son. I found this to be a powerful part of the movie. It was sweet to watch Jonah's love for his father and how he wanted to find that special someone for him to love. This film still gets me teary, even though I have seen it many times.

I drew a Pixie Dust Image special for this card. I call this image Buddies. I drew a father and son together. I also added the lovable Teddy Bear...HOWARD. The Challenge asked for the use of a red heart somewhere on the project. I cut out a red paper polka-dot heart for this. I took a fun paper that had measuring tapes and cut two of them out and wrapped them around a striped paper heart that I also cut out. I took my colored Pencils and added a "darkened" shading around the hearts and papers used on the card. I added the sentiment Love can not be Measured on some cardstock and added this to my card. There is also a little RED Heart on Howard the Teddy Bear. I colored the Buddies Image with Prismacolor pencils.







You can find this Buddies image in the Studio Shop!



9 comments:

Tammy said...

Cute Cute Cute Kathy!!

grammie jackie said...

I love the sentiment...it's so true. Cute card.

Nancy K said...

This is sooooo cute! Love the little boy with his bear -just perfect!

margie c said...

This is one of my fave movies of all-time too!!!
Kathy, your coloring is amazing!!! This is such an adorable card! and the layout and hearts are perfect!

TFS! hugs, margie

Brooke S said...

So stinkin' sweet! What a cute father and son image.. We could totally use this sweet image for a little and big bro card as well... or in our case we could us this for friends as well. My Zach is a giant and some of the kids in his class are so tiny.. lol I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your cards... You are such a gifted artist... Thanks for sharing that with all of us.
HUGS and Kisses!
Brooke

scrapperjulia said...

This is such a neat card! I love the image of Sam and Jonah and Howard, and I love the saying and tape measure also. Great card!

Jaspere said...

This is just too too cute. Love your coloring and what a fabulous image.

marsha said...

One of my all time favorite movies and love the new sketch! You are just so talented!
Hugs, Marsha

Sankari W. said...

Kathy - you are SOOOO talented!!! Seriously! Every single week, I am SIMPLY AMAZED at the creations that you create and how you always create such perfection! LOVe the hearts with the rulers in it and the sweet image of father, son and howard are perfect!!! SImply perfection!!!
Thank you so much for playing along with us!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)