Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Moon Blog Hop!!!!!

Yeah..it is here the day we all have been waiting for!! Be sure and take a look the The Twilight Tuesday Blog to follow all the fun Twi news!! And Thank you To Twilight Tuesday for letting me play along on this FUN HOP!!!

This is my first Blog Hop and I am excited it is a New Moon one. I am not really a paper artist..I am an illustrator. BUT, being that I adore the Twilight Series I had to play along. I used my original artwork Edward, Bella and Jacob Digi stamps for my scene..you can find them in my Etsy Shop. I colored them with colored pencils and designed a fun forest-y scene to put them in. I also had fun making the little flower vine draping from the tall trees in the background. The backdrop was the coolest sparkle-y black paper..it shines so cool in real life. I thought that would be perfect for the night sky. Being that I am TEAM EDWARD..I had to have Bella and MY Edward holding hands. Sorry Team Jacob, but Jacob is wandering alone in the woods..he will have to imprint on someone else!!;)






I had way to much fun with this project. I enjoyed it so much I think I am going to be asking for some fun paper cutting equipment for Christmas..hope Santa is generous. My Christmas List is pretty short this year..I am asking for Edward and scrapbook stuff..should be a very merry Christmas for Pixie Dust Studio!;)

Thanks for peeking at my first paper project and please hop along to the next wonderful New Moon design!!
Hope on over to Holly's Blog!!



"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars--points of light and reason.... And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."
Edward

New Moon, Chapter 23, pg. 514

Just had to add that I saw the midnight showing of New Moon last night. It was perfect! It was better than I could have hoped for. I love Edward even more!!:)

27 comments:

Tracy Rogers said...

LOVE it!!! You have amazing talent girl!

Lisa Foster said...

WOW!! Kathy this is totally amazing!!! I Love it!!!
Um, I think you ARE a paper artist in addition to being an illustrator :)

Hugs,
Lisa

Tracey said...

OMGosh!!! Love, Love, Love it. Girl, you totally rocked this one. Thank you much the Team Edward digi images.
Hugs,
Tracey

Juanita said...

Fabulous project. I love you Twilight characters, they are on my very long wishlist, lol. I'm Team Edward as far as the books go, but I'm thinking I'm Team Wolf Pack for the movie, lol.

Jacqueline said...

how amazing!!! Perfect bella, edward and jacob!! Love this scene!! I adore that quote...

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

SUPER cool! LOVE this awesome dimensional scene!!! How FUN!! Happy New Moon!!

Dina said...

Very creative!

Dani said...

OOOOH! Love it! You did such a wonderful job on this!! :)

Gabby said...

That's adorable! Love the scene you created!

Stampin Mindy said...

Great project, You did a fabulous job! Super talented!

Deconstructing Jen said...

Ooooh! Very fun! I love it!!! Thank so much for participating in the hop!!

Alison said...

I love all of the dimension in your project! How cool!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This project rocks!

cabio's craft corner said...

That is the coolest scene. LOVE IT!
Hugs,
Cabio

Donna said...

Kathy...How much fun is this!! I LOVE your creation..Totally amazing!!! Xx

Madeleine Bouquet said...

Awesome! You did an amazing job on your scene.:)

-Laura

the whimsical butterfly said...

Wow what a cool scene you've created-lots of work! HAPPY New Moon! Thanks so much for including me in the hop!!!

Beth said...

CUTE! What a clever project!! Awesome work!! Thanks for hopping!

Sammi said...

Very cute! love the forest and the little scene you created!!
xxx

Julie said...

Wow -- this is so clever and creative -- great job!

Monika/Buzsy said...

FAbulous! Love your art work. Great scene you created there! TFS!

Cheryl said...

Super cute!

Stampvamp said...

What a cute little scene!! I imagine that took a great deal of time and it is absolutely adorable! I'm so glad you played along with us! Your work is fab!

margie c said...

OhMyEdward! How very cool! Love the whole scene! It's perfect!

Thanks for joining us :)
~ margie

Charisma3103 said...

OMG Those are just to cute I need to get my hands on these images...

Rebecca said...

how cool is that???? I think you should definitely add paper artist to your title of illustrator, this is an amazing project!

Cr8ive ME said...

You made a wonderful card.

Thank you for putting Edward and Bella together. As it should be. Team Edward!!

{hugs}
M.E.